01 February 2012
No. of pages:
The Guide to Fund Placement Specialists (Fourth Edition) is a vital, updated resource for any fundraiser looking to source capital. Covering all alternative assets classes, this publication offers highly analytical commentary on the current fundraising climate.
What does the future have in store for placement agents?
The Guide to Fund Placement Specialists (Fourth Edition) is a vital, updated resource for any fundraiser looking to source capital. Covering all alternative assets classes, this 200-page publication offers highly analytical commentary on the current fundraising climate and how key market participants are adapting to the changes afoot.
In a difficult financial climate, general partners (GP) are taking stock of the processes they employ to find suitable investors and to raise capital. Learn about the obstacles they overcome and the benefits of having a good placement agent.
An exclusive survey reveals how the financial crisis and the US ‘pay-to-play’ scandals have impacted limited partner (LP) and GP sentiments towards placement agents. You’ll also discover how GPs and LPs are using placement agents and the type of agent they prefer to employ, and much more.
Looking for a placement agent? Start your search here using the comprehensive Who’s Who. You’ll find detailed profiles and contact information for 119 placement agents worldwide in private equity, private real estate and infrastructure.
Key features and benefits:
- Insightful commentary from ten leading placement agents on the issues and challenges
- Discover the prospects for fundraising
- Helpful hints for conducting a successful fundraise in a difficult climate
- Learn how the placement agent role is evolving and what agents bring to a fundraise
- An exclusive survey revealing what GPs and LPs really think about placement agents
- Ten practical tips for selecting a suitable placement agent
- An invaluable 'Who’s Who' of 119 placement agents operating globally with contact details and informative profiles for each one
Topics covered include:
- What to expect from a placement agent
- The Ten Rs of choosing and hiring a placement agent
- Presenting the proposition: planning and executing the fundraising
- Placement agents the terms of engagement
- Placement agents: a Darwinian tale
- Navigating troubled waters
- Asia and the current fundraising environment
Who should buy this book?
- Placement Agents
- General Partners
- Limited Partners
- Investor Relations Experts
- Fund Formation Lawyers