IFU raises DKr 4.85bn

The Danish SDG Investment Fund holds second and final closing.

The Investment Fund for Developing Countries (IFU) has announced the second and final close of the Danish SDG Investment Fund at DKr 4.8 billion ($746 million; €650 million), just shy of the DKr 5 billion target. The fund aims to support the UN Sustainable Development Goals through commercial investments in Africa, Asia, Latin America and parts of Europe.

The vehicle is supported by capital commitments from PKA, PensionDanmark, PFA, ATP, JØP/DIP, PenSam, SEB Life & Pension, Secure SDG Fund and Chr. Augustinus Fabrikker Akts. In total, the investors provided 60 percent of the capital and IFU provided the remaining 40 percent.