- Fund name: Aberdeen U.S. Private Equity VIII
- Amount raised: $425m
- Target size: $350m
- Stage of fundraising: Final close
- Final/Interim close date: December 2019
- Time on the road: <9 months
- Predecessor fund: Aberdeen U.S. Private Equity VII
Aberdeen Standard Investments held a final close of Aberdeen U.S. Private Equity VIII on $425 million, above the fund’s $350 million target. This is Aberdeen’s eighth fund of funds focused on small-cap private equity funds in North America and follows the nearly $340 million fundraise of Aberdeen U.S. Private Equity VII. Funds in this series were run by FLAG Capital Management until the firm was acquired by Aberdeen in 2015.