The nominations deadline for Private Equity International’s 40 under 40: Future Leaders of Private Equity 2022 has been extended to end of day Tuesday 22 February. Nominations can be submitted here.
The Future 40 list celebrates the industry’s rising stars across five categories: investors (LPs); fundraisers; dealmakers; lawyers; operators. The list, which is now entering its fourth year, recognises individuals under the age of 40 who are expected to play a leading role in shaping the future of the asset class.
Previous Future 40 talent includes Benjamin Lee, venture lead at California Public Employees’ Retirement System; Chip Virnig, who became Thoma Bravo‘s youngest partner in 2018; PAI Partners‘ head of ESG and sustainability Cornelia Gomez; Christopher Robinson, a partner at law firm Proskauer who specialises in secondaries transactions; and Xiaoni Shi, head of investor relations in Asia-Pacific at Apax Partners, to name but a few.
To be eligible for this year’s list, nominees must be under the age of 40 on 1 May 2022.
PEI’s senior editorial team will decide the list based on three criteria:
- Evidence of leadership and innovation
- The calibre of the firms/clients they have worked with and any deals they have generated
- Whether they possess an ‘X factor’ that marks them out as a future leader in private equity
PEI’s 40 under 40: Future Leaders of Private Equity list 2022 will be published online and in our Future of Private Equity Special in May.
How to submit your nomination
- Fill in the online nomination form here.
- On the form, in less than 300 words, include details of what the person has achieved to make them worthy of being included in the list and include any specific deals that the nominee has worked on or career achievements that should be considered.
- Any information included in the nomination should be suitable for publication.
- Please also include date of birth in day/month/year format, where known. Nominees must be under the age of 40 on 1 May 2022.
- Tell us which category you are entering the nominee for: investor (LP); fundraiser; dealmaker; lawyer; operator. Choose the category that applies most closely – PEI’s editorial team reserves the right to consider all entries for all categories.
- Firms and PRs are welcome to submit nominations, with no more than a single nomination per firm for each category.
- If you are nominating someone from your own firm, you must also nominate a candidate from another firm to be eligible.