Institution: Arkansas Teacher Retirement System
Headquarters: Little Rock, United States
AUM: $16.6 billion
Allocation to alternatives: 32.3%
Highlights from ATRS’s September 2020 board committee meeting:
- The system pledged $30 million to Franklin Park Corporate Finance Access Fund, which is targeting $150 million and focuses on small buyout, growth and turnaround private equity funds.
- The latest commitment isn’t ATRS’s first to the Franklin Park fund, as it invested $30 million to the fund in June 2019. Additionally, ATRS reallocated $60 million from two Franklin Park private equity funds to two of the firm’s venture funds, Private Equity International previously reported.
- ATRS’s current allocation to private equity is 14.26 percent of the system’s $16.6 billion portfolio.
- Private equity outperforms the Dow Jones US Total Stock Market Index by a 2 percent premium every year.
- Aon Hewitt Investment Consulting is ATRS’s investment advisor.
Leslie Ward serves as ATRS’s director of private equity, according to LinkedIn.
Platinum subscribers may click here for the investor’s full profile, including key contacts, allocation strategy and fund investments.