Institution: Florida Retirement System Trust Fund
Headquarters: Tallahassee, US
AUM: $183.20 billion
Allocation to alternatives: 25.70%
Florida Retirement System Trust Fund‘s Investment Advisory Council has reviewed the pension’s private equity programme following its June board meeting.
Under the review, the IAC sets new objectives for FSBA including:
- Construct a private equity programme that avoids the concentrated exposure to a particular vintage year, manager, strategy and geography.
- Institute prudent portfolio diversification while minimising the proliferation of manager relationships.
- Priority ranking roadmap and for the private equity programme and future allocations.
- Review of current allocation to private equity strategies and set new target allocation.
- Private equity pacing for the next five years is set at $1.75 billion worth of commitments per fiscal year.
In Q2 2021, the $183 billion pension fund made over $725 million-worth of private equity allocations. The commitments comprised $250 million to Hellman & Friedman Capital Partners X, $200 million to Searchlight Opportunities Fund II, $150 million to Hull Street Energy Partners II, $100 million to DCP Capital Partners II, and $25 million to SVB SIF-Ascension.
Florida SBA currently has a 6 percent target allocation for private equity, which currently stands at 7.8 percent. The graphs below illustrate the pension’s buyout and venture capital portfolio composition, private equity ranking roadmap, and recent fund commitments.
Platinum subscribers may click here for the investor’s full profile, including key contacts, allocation strategy and fund investments.