The deadline for submissions for Private Equity International’s Operational Excellence Awards 2022 has been extended to Friday, 24 June 2022.
PEI is inviting entries from across the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa to recognise the achievements of managers that have delivered exceptional operational value to portfolio companies in the past year.
Submissions for the 2022 awards will be reviewed by an expert judging panel and the winners will be announced in PEI’s Operational Excellence Special Report, which will be published in October.
Last year’s winners in the Americas included the likes of Partners Group for its work with PCI Pharma Services and Francisco Partners for building Landmark Health, a provider of in-home care for elderly patients with complex health needs, from scratch. In Asia-Pacific, Asia Green Fund was recognised for its efforts expanding Chinese e-commerce platform Huitongda, while Nippon Sangyo Suishin Kiko received an award for its development of Bunkasha Publishing in Japan.
Winners in the EMEA region last year included Cinven, Mid Europa Partners and Permira for their transformation of Polish e-commerce company Allegro, and TVM Capital Healthcare was recognised for its work to found the Cambridge Medical and Rehabilitation Center in the United Arab Emirates.
Submit your entries to OpEx@peimedia.com by the extended deadline of Friday, 24 June 2022.
Why you should enter
- Be recognised as a best-in-class operator.
- Demonstrate your credentials as a potential partner to future management teams.
- Highlight and reward the work done by your internal operating teams.
How it works
We want to hear from any GP that has exited a deal in the last 12 months* and has a compelling value-creation story to tell. The process is simple:
- Download the submission form HERE and save it to your computer.
- Once the form has been downloaded and saved, fill in the fields by providing as much specific information as possible about what you did and how it benefited the business. Feel free to supplement the form with any additional information you think would be useful. Any information or financial data that you prefer to be kept confidential should be clearly marked on your submission.
- To qualify, the transaction must have been at least partially realised and have closed between 1 June 2021 and 1 June 2022.
- Submit your entry by the extended deadline of Friday, 24 June 2022.
- Firms are welcome to submit entries across a range of sizes – large-cap, upper mid-market, lower mid-market and small-cap**; and across three regions – Americas, Asia-Pacific and EMEA.
- Firms can submit a maximum of one entry per size band in each regional category. For example, they could submit one entry in the Americas category – large-cap, and one in the Americas category – upper mid-market, as well as one entry in the EMEA category – large-cap and one in the EMEA category – upper mid-market.
* The investment must have been at least partially realised and have closed between 1 June 2021 and 1 June 2022.
** For the purposes of these awards, ‘large-cap’ refers to any deal with an entry price over $500 million; ‘upper mid-market’ refers to any deal with an entry price between $250 million and $500 million, ‘lower mid-market’ refers to any deal with an entry price between $100 million and $250 million, and ‘small-cap’ refers to any deal with an entry price under $100 million.