Advanced strategies for driving value through operational excellence.
‘Firms that make good investments will do well; firms that make good investments and enhance their value will do better and attract more capital’ -Tony Ecock.
Edited by Tony Ecock of The Carlyle Group (formerly of Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe (WCAS)) and founder of PEOPEN, The Operating Partner in Private Equity, Volume 2 provides valuable intelligence and best practice tips from the industry’s top operating partners and advisers on enhancing returns through better due diligence and post-close operational improvements.
Every operations expert looking for new ideas to extract maximum value from their portfolio companies needs to have this book on their desk.
What this book covers:
- Dan Colbert discusses how The Riverside Company built and refined its operating approach with key lessons for achieving success.
- Jay Bartlett of Parthenon-EY shares his perspective on what LPs look for in operating approaches.
- Scott Glickman, Dan Soroka and Sara Boyd of Graham Partners outline a programme for proactively identifying and reducing business model risks.
- Mark Gillett of Silver Lake Partners and David Moss, an independent adviser, provide a framework for assessing and implementing transformational versus incremental change.
- Sandy Ogg of The Blackstone Group, proposes three action points for ensuring the portfolio company CEO search and selection process is successful.
- Matt Sondag of West Monroe Partners provides useful tips for how to select and optimise the emerging role of the IT operating partner.
…plus much more
Who should buy this book:
- Operating Partners
- Operating Executives
- Chief Operating Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- General Partners
- Human Capital Partners
- Industry Executives
- Senior Advisers
- Portfolio Company Executives
- Resources Executives
- Consultants and Advisers
- IT operating partners
Tony Ecock, The Carlyle Group
Jay Bartlett, Parthenon-EY
Mike Kohlsdorf, Francisco Partners
Dan Colbert, The Riverside Company (2007-2014)
Shahriyar Rahmati, The Gores Group
Scott Glickman, Graham Partners
Dan Soroka, Graham Partners
Sara Boyd, Graham Partners
Mark Gillett, Silver Lake
Christopher Springer, Alliance Holdings Inc
Sandy Ogg, The Blackstone Group
Steve Larned, Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
James R. Corey, Blue Ridge Partners
André Martinelli, Blue Ridge Partners
Stephan M. Liozu, Value Innoruption Advisors and Chatham University
Nick Alvarez, Alvarez & Marsal
Markus Lahrkamp, Alvarez & Marsal
Ajay Raina, Alvarez & Marsal
Jeff Shaffer, Alvarez & Marsal
Matt Sondag, West Monroe Partners
Keith Campbell, West Monroe Partners
Kyle Sarausky, West Monroe Partners
Kristoffer Nino, Orbis Invest
Othon Prounis, Ropes & Gray LLP
Eva Carman, Ropes & Gray LLP
Amanda Raad, Ropes & Gray LLP
By Tony Ecock, The Carlyle Group
1. Operational value creation at the portfolio level
By Tony Ecock, The Carlyle Group
2.Operational approaches: The limited partner perspective
By Jay Bartlett, Parthenon-EY
3. A day in the life of an operating partner
By Mike Kohlsdorf, Francisco Partners
4. Smooth operators: How Riverside built and refined its operating approach
By Dan Colbert, The Riverside Company (2007-2014)
5. Leveraging operational due diligence to enhance outcomes for equity and credit investors
By Shahriyar Rahmati, The Gores Group
6. Driving risk mitigation in private equity portfolio companies
By Scott Glickman, Dan Soroka and Sara Boyd, Graham Partners
7. Effecting and leading transformational change
By Mark Gillett, Silver Lake and David Moss
8. Transformational value creation in the middle market: Picking your spots to maximise portfolio returns
By Christopher Springer, Alliance Holdings Inc
9. Connecting CEO talent to value
By Sandy Ogg, The Blackstone Group
10.The drive for improved organic growth in private equity portfolio companies
By Steve Larned, Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe and James R. Corey and André Martinelli, Blue Ridge Partners
11. Managing pricing with intention: A practical guide to getting started
By Stephan M. Liozu, Value Innoruption Advisors and Chatham University
12. Carve-outs 2.0: Next generation carve-out management
By Nick Alvarez, Markus Lahrkamp, Ajay Raina and Jeff Shaffer, Alvarez & Marsal
13. Information technology for operating partners
By Matt Sondag, Keith Campbell and Kyle Sarausky, West Monroe Partners
14. Implementing key performance indicators in portfolio companies
By Kristoffer Nino, Orbis Invest
15. Mind your step! Avoiding the legal pitfalls of being an operating partner
By Othon Prounis, Eva Carman and Amanda Raad, Ropes & Gray LLP