Every detail of private equity accounting explained…
Written by Mariya Stefanova and expert contributors, our best-selling Private Equity Accounting book provides essential guidance and advice in a single volume for all private equity practitioners and fund accountants around the world across all accounting standards.
Before now, if practitioners and accountants wanted to learn about and understand applied best practice of private equity accounting then the only way to unearth the professional secrets was by learning from peers. Mariya Stefanova and other leading accounting experts reveal how to succeed and avoid some costly pitfalls in this unique publication.
In the post-global financial crisis world increased regulation of private equity and investor activism mean greater pressure on general partners to accept increased reporting requirements although this reporting can be sensitive.
Primarily written by Mariya Stefanova, this professional guide anatomises every precise detail and required process that private equity firms and fund accountants should follow. It’s full of user-friendly examples on every aspect of accounting in all of the main jurisdictions.
Some of the key lessons you’ll learn from this title:
- Understand the precise workings of a private equity fund and its life cycle
- Find out what fund commercial terms and how they work
- All structures uncovered plus tax treatment information
- How to read a Limited Partnership Agreement (LPA) in detail
- Carried interest and carried interest modelling
- Drawdowns and distributions, and investment and investment revaluations
- Management fee versus priority profit share (PPS)
- Rebalancing, equalisations and partner transfers
- Performance measurement (IRRs and other performance metrics) and investor reporting
- Consolidation, valuations and an auditor’s perspective of private equity accounting
About the author
Mariya Stefanova has extensive experience in the specialist field of private equity accounting and in her capacity as a senior trainer she has trained over 130 fund accountants. Mariya’s professional experience spans roles at Augentius Fund Administration, Mourant International Finance Administration (now State Street), French investment bank Calyon and private equity real estate manager Patron Capital Partners.
Who should buy this book:
- Finance Directors
- Accountants / Chief Accountants
- Investor Relations
- Fund Administrators
- Portfolio Management
- Fund Placement Agents
- Fund Formation Lawyers
- Tax Advisers / Consultants