Fundraising in the first quarter of the year was the biggest haul since the global financial crisis.
Between January and March, some 277 funds gathered at least $180.2 billion – a 10 percent increase from the equivalent period last year. Fundraising volume also increased across strategies, and buyouts and growth equity funds made up almost 70 percent of capital raised.
Access Private Equity International’s interactive and downloadable fundraising report to find out more.
This report includes:
- Year-on-year fundraising, 2008-Q1 2021
- Q1 fundraising strategy breakdown
- Average fund size in Q1, 2015-2021
- Largest funds closed, Q1 2021
- Regional focus of capital in Q1
- Funds in market, 1 April, 2021