Institution: Florida Retirement System Trust Fund
Headquarters: Tallahassee, US
AUM: $201.90 billion
Allocation to alternatives: 26.5%
Florida Retirement System Trust Fund has approved $636 million-worth of commitments across eight private equity vehicles, according to the pension’s Q4 managers report.
The commitments comprise:
- $150 million to Atalaya Special Opportunities Fund VIII
- $100 million to Aegon/FSBA AAM I (Co-investment)
- $85 million to Tiger Iron Special Opportunities Fund III
- $75 million to Lightbay Investment Partners II
- $75 million to Carnelian Energy Capital IV
- $50 million to WindRose Health Investors VI
- $50 million to Stride Consumer Fund I
- €40 million to Summa Equity Fund III
The commitments to Stride Consumer, Aegon Asset Management, and WindRose Health Investors marks new manager relationships for the US public pension fund. Cambridge acted as the investment consultant for the private equity transactions.
FRS trust fund has a 6 percent target allocation to private equity, which currently stands at 9 percent. Illustrated below are the recent commitments and full investment portfolio by Florida Retirement Trust Fund.
Platinum subscribers may click here for the investor’s full profile, including key contacts, allocation strategy and fund investments.