23 July 2014
No. of pages:
Written and edited by Duff & Phelps, Private Equity Valuation is an in-depth guide for private equity professionals who want to understand, apply and report fair value for their investments.
|A definitive guide to valuing private equity investments fairly|
The impetus for valuing and reporting assets is greater than ever. The FASB and IASB have harmonised and changed fair value rules, and regulations in the US and Europe mandate the application of the accounting standard known as ‘mark to market’ or ‘fair value’.
Written by Duff & Phelps, Private Equity Valuation is a must-have publication for all professionals buying, selling and valuing private equity assets. It provides fund managers and investors with valuable tools, practical guidance and illustrative examples on valuation techniques and nuances for various assets and scenarios. This is also a valuable guide for GPs seeking an insight into their investors’ fiduciary and regulatory pressures, and what a proactive LP is likely to require from GPs going forward.
Key features of this publication:
- Understand why fair value is essential and how to value assets fairly.
- Offers the latest guidance on valuation techniques and nuances, including changes to fair value rules made by FASB and IASB.
- Explains valuation nuances for investments in real estate, energy, shipping and management companies/GP companies.
- Guidance on valuing debt instruments and distressed transactions.
- Provides an enhanced framework to determine the attribution created by individual portfolio company investments.
- A handy A-Z reference guide of over 80 of the most common applications, from absolute return to waterfall analysis.
…and much more.
Who should read this guide?
- Fund managers
- Institutional investors
- Investment advisers
- Valuation professionals